Parents are getting pressure from school and health officials that their children need to watch less TV, play less video games and get off the computer. But many outside activities are costly. So how do we keep our children healthy, get them outside without spending money? Here are some simple suggestions you can use right away!
Fun things kids can do outside in warm weather and for next to nothing:
1. Go for a walk
2. Play a game outside with friends
3. Ride a bike
4. Make a paper airplane
5. Go fishing
6. Have a scavenger hunt
7. Read a great book
8. Have a book read to them
9. Visit a free outside museum
10. Walk along a river
11. Play I spy with my little eye, or another verbal group game
12. Make a nature craft
13. Collect different tree leaves
14. Visit a free park
15. Watch a friend's recreational game
16. Take pictures of as many types of animals as possible within a set time
17. Create a list of all the sounds one hears while on a walk
18. Fly a kite
19. Run through the sprinkler
20. PLEASE – add your idea to our list below in the comment section!
All articles are copyrighted by Thrifty Times, 2004 - 2011. You may not reproduce or share or repost without express written permission from the Thrifty Times except to quote up to 60 words of an article with a link back to this site. For more information contact us at email@example.com or Thrifty Times, 2616 Cynwyd Avenue, Broomall, PA 19008.
Disclaimer - Articles are intended for personal information. Not intended to be financial, tax or legal advice. All financial plans as well as financial decisions, tax decisions and legal decisions should be made carefully and with the advice of a professional.